17 September 2006

The New Maria in the West End

I probably can see the NEW Maria in London! ^^/

Yes, the Broadway show-"Sound of Music" in London!



BBC and Andrew Lloyd Webber just had Andrew's NEW Maria before few mins from the public 

competition shows in these weeks. The winner will be the leading lady in the new Broadway 

shows in London. The main point is that this new Maria for the British cast is not selected by 

Andrew or other producers. In fact, she is voted by the nations in Britain.



The winner is Connie Fisher. Sha has the fabulous sound and she did look like the initial 

Maria-Julie Andrews.



If you ask my opinion, I prefer the other actress. Her playing, dancing and singing shows that 

she will be a Broadway super star in the future! Some of her characters are as same as Sara 

Brightman's characters. In fact, Andrew "solved" her for 4 times during this show. XD

Quoted the words from Andrew : YOU WILL HAVE HUGE FUTURE IN THE MUSICAL STAGE.

It's really a pity that she can't be the new Maria.



I read some report about this competition show and one of them mentioned that the 

show will be staged in this winter! How lucky I am! I think I may see the New Maria 

with my onw eyes this winter or in these years! ^^/

No comments: