15 December 2009

Julie and Julia

Found some good quotes from the movie "Julie and Julia". Julie Child is a famous female chef in USA. She learned how to cook in Paris, and then wrote a cookbook around 1970s for Americans without handing a cookguide when cooking. And Julia is an officer who loves cooking and quite admires Julie Child. One day, she decides to challenge Julie's recipes in 365 days, and writes her challege diary in a personal blog days by days. By cooking and Julie Child's cookguide, there is a kind of relationship crossed time and space between Julie and Julia. It is a lovely and interesting story.

There is a remarkable scene i cannot forget. Paul, Julie's husband, says to Julie "You are the butter to my bread, and the breath to my life." when they are having the Valentine's day dinner with friends. Quite a lovely sentence. Suitable for saying to your dearest.

After the movie, i just made Boeuf Bourguignon with a bottle of 2006-Bordeaux red wine. Just LOVE IT! Kitchen is really a wonderful place to relax the stress after a day. In this space, I can control everything in my hand; under the controlling, this is my place. Love the feeling. If you make something wrong, it doesn't matter becuase it is just a peice of cake.. really a cake (or dish)... lol

Cooking is unlike writing a thesis. You cannot control the whole situation sometimes when writing the story. But cooking, in the contrary, you always can get something back. Though sometimes, the dishes may be scorched.... lol

But i know i can say that easily becuase cooking is neither my project nor my topic. That should be another kind of story if cuisine or cooking is part of my thesis. I know that circumstances by watching my housemate.... ;p

No comments: